Become a USA Cares Representative
We are constantly seeking key volunteers to represent us and spread our mission. We can’t help families if they don’t know that we exist.
Reserve and National Guard Units
Visit your local Reserve/Guard unit and distribute pamphlets about USA Cares. Talk to the Family Assistance Center and give them a briefing about what USA Cares does. Also, attend the different events and social gatherings the unit holds to talk about our mission:
- Yellow Ribbon Events
- Welcome home and Deployment Gatherings
VA Medical Centers, Military Hospitals and Fisher Houses
Answer basic questions that service members might have and inform them that USA Cares appreciates their sacrifice and service. Volunteering in this capacity is easy and fun!
- Choose a VA hospital, military hospital and Fisher House located close to you
- USA Cares will make contact with the facility you choose to represent us and find out the requirements for volunteering as a USA Cares Representative
- After the completion of training to meet both USA Cares and the facilities requirements, choose a time that best works for you to volunteer
- Put on a red USA Cares shirt once every couple weeks
- Bring a friend or family member to help
Military Bases and Installations
Contact appropriate departments on base such as the Family Readiness Center (FRC), Warrior Treatment Unit (WTU), Army Community Service (ACS), and Soldier & Family Assistance Center (SFAC). Another great group to contact are the Family Readiness Groups (FRG), which consists of the family members of service members. Inform these groups of USA Cares, our mission and services by handing out information, answering basic questions and letting them know that we are here to assist their families.
- If you currently live near a base, but do not have access to get on, please let us know and we will assist in helping you get a pass
- We can also assist with getting the appropriate contact names and numbers of the different groups on base
- Attending a monthly meeting and saying a few words can have a profound effect in informing people about USA Cares
- Invite a friend to help with distributing the information