This position is a Mission Continues Fellowship. A fellowship is an opportunity for a Fellow to utilize his/her military skills and leadership in a civilian setting. Fellowships are 26 weeks in length, during which the Fellow volunteers utilizing their leadership skills to build stronger communities. This position is for 6 months and requires working 20 hours per week.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 30th
Position: Family Resource & Outreach Coordinator
Reports to: Program Manager/Director of Assistance
Position Description and Responsibilities:
- Primary overall responsibility is case management and counseling when service members and Veterans suffering with military-related financial hardships contact USA Cares for assistance.
- A strong mentor who can also educate service members on benefits, services and USA Cares’ programs
- Good research skills that help to ensure the proper distribution of funds to service members
- Communicate the assistance process via letter and/or email to clients and respective businesses that receive assistance checks from USA Cares
- Ability to give accurate, fair summaries of pending cases that are to forwarded to committee for consideration according to USA Cares’ guidelines
- Prudent at providing pertinent documentation of cases
- Strong review and analytical abilities that help to ensure cases meet the guidelines of grants and USA Cares’ policies.
- Post 9/11 Service
- No longer on Active/Guard/Reserve status (IRR/ING status is acceptable) and having attained an honorable discharge
- Minimum of 24 months of time in service, unless serious injury was sustained preventing further service
- No criminal record
- Proficiency inn “Microsoft Office”
- Data entry skills