USA Cares, Inc. exists to help bear the burdens of service by providing post-9/11 military families with financial and advocacy support in their time of need. Assistance is focused on three main areas:
- Removing the financial barriers that prevent veterans from receiving treatment for Post-Traumatic Stress and Traumatic Brain Injury. This program is saving the lives of veterans and restoring families
- Removing the financial barriers that prevent veterans from securing employment
- Providing emergency financial assistance to veterans and active duty service members who sustain a significant reduction in pay because of their service or recent service injury.
USA Cares has responded to over 55,000 requests for assistance with approximately $11 million in indirect-support grants.
USA Cares, founded in 2003, is a national 501(c)3 non-profit, charitable organization based in Radcliff, Kentucky, (approximately 35 miles south of Louisville, KY). Applicants from other areas will be considered, the position location is negotiable.
USA Cares, Inc. is actively seeking a Corporation Development Officer to be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of USA Care’s fundraising activities and involvement by corporations.
- Must embrace the mission of USA Cares.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly corporate development, and cause related marketing.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or other related field.
- 3 years’ minimum experience in professional fundraising.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet prospective corporate donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow the corporate revenue streams.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with the President and Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about USA Cares.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee corporate fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Oversee creation of publications to support corporate fund raising activities.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Ability to travel
Competitive salary and benefits
Please apply via email to email@example.com
Application deadline is: Open until filled